Our Story

Our Story
We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.
~ Kristi Larson ~

Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, You didn't grow under my heart - but in it!
~ Fleur Conkling Heylinger ~
Adoption is not the call to have the perfect, rosy family. It is the CALL to Give LOVE, MERCY, and PATIENCE.



Saturday, November 5, 2011

Welcome Fall!

Leaves blowing off trees, pumpkins on the front porch, chili and hot cocoa to warm the soul!  I decided with fall upon us that I would add some warm and neutral colors to the blog!  I also thought that since we may end up with not just our daughter, I should make our blog a little more neutral - sorry purple and pinks!  If we get just Naomi's referral or we get some sisters - I'll girl it back up again!  I felt the water cascading over the rocks was perfect.  Rocks are changed and shaped over time as water flows over their surface, smoothing and molding them into new images.  I am learning early on in this journey that we are the rocks and God is slowly cascading His love over us, molding and shaping us into who He wants us to be.  It isn't always easy - and I know the road ahead of us is going to be difficult and full of bumps and unknowns.  I know that we may feel like we're pushed to the bottom of the stream and forgotten about.  We may feel like we are in the midst of the rapids and getting pushed this way and that with no clear direction.  I also know that our time in the stream is unknown.  God chooses to pluck some out of the water sooner than others and I don't yet know what God has planned for our family.  What I do know is that I will choose to believe and trust in God - when we are at the bottom of the stream or in the midst of the rapids, when we are floating along peacefully taking in the scenery or being tossed about in a storm - I will choose to believe that God is the WATER...He is ALWAYS with us, surrounding us, molding us, comforting us!

Please continue to pray for our family as God is molding and shaping us through our adoptiong journey!

Fun Pumpkin Pics to Add to the Fall Fun!

Leah's Beautiful Butterflies

Noah's Spooky Bats

Jarod's Grinnin' Jack-o-Lantern


Pumpkins All Lit Up

Excited to hopefully have a few more pumpkins to grace our front step next year,
at least one more anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment