Our Story

Our Story
We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.
~ Kristi Larson ~

Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, You didn't grow under my heart - but in it!
~ Fleur Conkling Heylinger ~
Adoption is not the call to have the perfect, rosy family. It is the CALL to Give LOVE, MERCY, and PATIENCE.



Saturday, November 19, 2011

~ THANKFUL ~

Today marks 3 months since we submitted our paperwork  to Ethiopia and officially became DTE(Dossier to Ethiopia).  This date marks the day we officially got in LINE to bring our sweet little girl home!  It has been 8 months since my husband blew me away with the concept of adoption and I can't imagine spending this year ANY differently than we have.  It has been a busy, crazy, eye opening 8 months and I have been thankful for every minute of the journey!

In honor of Thanksgiving this coming week I wanted to take some time to reflect on this last year and all the things I am thankful we have gotten to experience -

~ I AM THANKFUL FOR ~

TEARS OF COMPASSION ~ God's heart breaks for HIS people and I am thankful He has allowed us a glimpse of compassion, tears, and love for HIS people!

HUGS ~ I have LOVED getting great big hugs from my kids each and every day!  I can't wait to GIVE hugs to the kids that God is bringing into our family!

AMAZING DONATIONS ~ We were overwhelmed with donations and support for our yard sale this summer to help raise $ to bring our daughter home!  I can NOT say THANK YOU enough to all the people who donated items, time, blood, and sweat to help us pull off what I believe is the LARGEST yard sale in history!  We made $5800 and I couldn't have done it without all of you!

NEW FRIENDS AND OLD ~ I have been thankful for all the new friends that I have met on our adoption journey!  Being able to chat on yahoo and follow their blogs, I have come to love and appreciate these families as they journey to bring their children home!  I have learned to cheer them on and lift them up in prayer - it makes our wait a little easier when we are able to celebrate with others!  I am SO thankful for the hugs, love, prayer, and support that ALL my friends have given me over the last year.  From a listening ear for me to rant and rave, to a shoulder to cry on when the journey gets overwhelming!  Words cannot express what you mean to me and the joy that I feel when I am around you!  It is truly a BLESSING to have you in my life!

KIDS ~ I have been overwhelmed this year by how AMAZING my kids are!  They are growing up into beautiful creatures of God and their personalities are starting to shine through!  Jarod is getting so grown up and independent and I have had to learn to give him room to make his own decisions.  Noah is a crack up and loves to be the center of it all.  His jokes are hilarious and I love how he makes me laugh!  Sweet Leah is getting so big and isn't my baby anymore, but a young girl growing into her own.  She loves to learn and play with her big brothers.  I love in the evenings when I get cuddle time with any one of my children!  Sweet Naomi has touched my heart in ways I never knew existed - and I have never even met or seen her!  I am excited to see how God unfolds her journey and brings her into our family!

FAMILY ~ I am so very thankful for our family!  Without our families supporting, encouraging, and praying for us - this adoption journey would be MUCH more difficult!  We are blessed with amazing family that has allowed us to grow and make decisions for our family and they are right beside us cheering us on!  Thanks Fam - we would be nothing without you!

UNENDING LOVE ~ I have been made VERY aware of God's unending love over this last year!  He loved me enough, our family enough, to not leave us where we were.  To not leave us in our complacency and comfort.  He loved us enough and our children enough to move our hearts and teach us amazing and new things.  Thank you GOD for moving us closer to your heart!  He's NOT done with US yet!

LIFE-CHANGING LESSONS ~ As I look back over the last year one thing that comes BLAZING to mind is that my LIFE will NEVER be the SAME!  I will never look at my children the same way.  I will never look at $ the same way.  I will never look at the world in the same way.  I have a new passion and vision for HOW we can do GOD's work while here on earth!  I'm not sure where God will take us - but for the first time - I am willing to follow God's still small voice - Wherever that may lead!

"Don't worry about anything, instead pray about everything.  Tell God what you need, THANK Him for all He has done.  If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand.  His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ"
~ Philippians 4:6-7 ~

1 comment:

  1. You are correct, we have many things to be thankful for! Thank you for praying for my family! I will be praying for yours as you get close to receiving a referral!
    Christin Lites

    ReplyDelete