Our Story

Our Story
We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.
~ Kristi Larson ~

Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, You didn't grow under my heart - but in it!
~ Fleur Conkling Heylinger ~
Adoption is not the call to have the perfect, rosy family. It is the CALL to Give LOVE, MERCY, and PATIENCE.



Saturday, November 12, 2011

Movin' on DOWN the list - AGAIN

This journey is such an emotional roller coaster.  I felt so incredibly encouraged on my last post.  God gave me moments all throughout the day that made it easy to smile and know He is in charge.  Well, yesterday, the emotions turned.  I found out about 2 families that slipped into the DTE list above us, in our same age range.  One family is new to the chat group, so they've really always been above us in line - we just didn't know about them.  The other family changed their request to be open up through a 3 1/2 yr old girl.  This is the way it goes...this is why we tell ourself that the list is NOT all inclusive...it is not ENTIRELY accurate....and it IS ever-changing!

No matter where my emotions are on the roller coaster - I will choose to still LOOK UP!  God is STILL in CHARGE!  God still knows which little girl is meant for our family and I choose to TRUST Him!  It is easy for my head to know all of these truths - sometimes it is hard for my heart to feel them!

New DTE #s: #6 for a 3 yr old, #3 for a 4 yr old

No comments:

Post a Comment