Our Story

Our Story
We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.
~ Kristi Larson ~

Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, You didn't grow under my heart - but in it!
~ Fleur Conkling Heylinger ~
Adoption is not the call to have the perfect, rosy family. It is the CALL to Give LOVE, MERCY, and PATIENCE.



Monday, November 14, 2011

Finding Blessing in the Giving

'Tis the season to shop 'til you drop and eat 'til your button pops off your pants!  It is also the season for giving and reflecting on life, family, friends.   My sweet cousin asked us the other day if we were going to be doing some sort of holiday fundraising or financial awareness for our adoption.  I told her that we are definately doing holidays a litte bit differently this year - scaling back and focusing on family and the world around us.  But - I don't expect everyone to take our approach for the holidays.  Also, I mentioned to her that we have yet to ask outright for financial support.  We know that God is providing for this adoption and we have been so blessed with prayer support and donations for the yard sale.  We've had a hard time asking for financial support when we know times are tough for so many people.

She gently reminded me that around the holiday season we tend to feel compassion and love for those around us and often feel led to reach out and give.  She told me that often people want to give and help support but sometimes they don't know how to help.  She also said that sometimes people feel blessed by being able to give to others.

With these words fresh on my heart and the holidays quickly approaching I am going to give you some advice.  I would love it if each and every one of you spent time this holiday season reflecting on what you have to give to Christ and His Kingdom.  How can you show His love this holiday season? 

Maybe it is taking a meal to the old man who lives up the road who lost his wife this last year.

Maybe it is helping a single mom pack her groceries to her car while she does her best to take care of the screaming children that are hovering around her ankles.

Maybe it is taking your children to a shelter to stand along side them and serve those less fortunate. 

Maybe it is kneeling before God and asking Him how you can better serve His kingdom....scary or not. 

Maybe it is filling a shoebox for a child on the other side of the world or buying presents for an angel that you got from a tree.

Maybe - it is sponsoring a family that is following God's plan to bring some sweet children home from Ethiopia - if this is the case then you can find a link under "Giving" that will direct you to online giving or my email to contact me and I can send you the forms to mail in directly.

Whatever God has planned for you this holiday season - May He bless you in the Giving!

No comments:

Post a Comment