Our Story

Our Story
We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.
~ Kristi Larson ~

Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, You didn't grow under my heart - but in it!
~ Fleur Conkling Heylinger ~
Adoption is not the call to have the perfect, rosy family. It is the CALL to Give LOVE, MERCY, and PATIENCE.



Sunday, September 30, 2012

Week of Hopes

Here we are, once again, at the end of a weekend and on the brink of a new week!  I never enjoyed Sunday nights before - weekend is over and we have to head back to work/school - but in the adoption world...when your child is halfway around the world...when the people deciding when you can bring your son home function 9 time zones ahead of you....Sunday nights are a moment of excitement and anticipation!  Offices are opening in Ethiopia - paperwork is being worked on (or so we hope) - my son is waking up to the roosters and the sunrise!

We have a BIG week ahead of us and we are prayerfully hoping that everything goes smoothly!  We know that it will go as God planned and have prayed that God would go before us and pave the way for our family!  Tuesday night while we sleep an interview will take place in our case.  Isaiah's birth mom will go before the US embassy officials and once again tell her story and give her consent for us to adopt him.  We should receive an email sometime in the night giving us the ALL CLEAR to come pick up our son!  As my heart is excited to finally be to this point - I still can't get over the LOVE it takes for his mama!  I will spend my next couple days with not only Isaiah on my mind and in my heart, but his birth mama too!  I will be praying for her heart and his as she travels to the city for her last goodbyes!  I pray that she knows that we love her son so very much and we will do our very best with God's help to raise him to be a Godly young man!  I pray that he will get to see her again someday!  I pray that he will cherish his memories of her!

We also have some stuff coming together for the house this week - the appraisal should be done (keeping my fingers crossed) and our loan getting finished up!  We aren't set to move for a month or so but having these things out of the way will definitely put my mind at ease!

Continuing to pray for God's guidance and trusting in His journey for our family!  Feeling blessed each and every day that He has chosen me for this thing I get to call life!  Loving being a wife and a mama!  Excited for what is to come this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment