Our Story

Our Story
We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.
~ Kristi Larson ~

Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, You didn't grow under my heart - but in it!
~ Fleur Conkling Heylinger ~
Adoption is not the call to have the perfect, rosy family. It is the CALL to Give LOVE, MERCY, and PATIENCE.



Monday, September 3, 2012

More BIG Life Changes - BRING IT ON!

August of last year we finished compiling our paperwork and we sent it to Ethiopia to officially mark the start of our waiting for the daughter that God had planned for us!  I made a goal that by my birthday this year, I would have met her.  I wasn't sure that we would have her home yet but I wanted to have at least met her and held her in my arms!

Well....fast forward a year later and my birthday has come and gone!  I not only celebrated a milestone birthday - I turned 30!!!  I know, I look way to young, but it is true!  Here we are and I can tell you that I have NOT met my daughter....BUT you know what....I have held and loved TWO amazing boys that God has placed on my heart and in my family!

My sweet boys!!!!  Love them SO much!

WELL - If we don't have enough craziness in our life with 2 adoptions and 3 trips to Africa in a few short months.....why not bring on some more CRAZY!!!  We have decided to become HOME OWNERS!!!!  We have rented for the last 10 years and are ready to settle in and make something our own!  We realized in the spring when our 3 kiddos were all in baseball and we were driving not only 20 minutes each way to school, but then making the same trip in the evenings for practice 6 nights a week.....something HAD to change!  We are quickly realizing also that the house we are in is pretty spacious but the THREE bedrooms just isn't gonna cut it with our growing family!

We wanted something with LOTS of bedrooms and space and a little bit of acreage for the kids to run and play!  We of course wanted it close to the school so that work/school/extra curricular activities will be easier to juggle!  We found the PERFECT house just before heading to Ethiopia to pick up Nahome!  My mind COULD NOT handle any more stress or changes....I needed time to wrap my mind around everything and get everything settled with BOTH adoptions!  We weren't home long when we decided to at least go take a look - - we completely fell in love with it and are SO incredibly excited to be making this step!  It is gonna be crazy busy for the next 6-8 weeks as we continue to bond and adjust with Nahome, finalize paperwork with the US embassy to bring Isaiah home (hopefully in the next 6-8 weeks), finish up all the paperwork involved in buying a house (FOR THE FIRST TIME), pack and move our ever increasing crew, not to mention our everyday busy schedule that makes up our lives!

We are hoping to have Isaiah home around the same time or a little before the move - this will save us a ton of headache and fees of updating adoption paperwork to change our address!  We know that time frames on buying a house are always unknown and we have learned that adoption time frames are always changing - but we trust that God will orchestrate everything together for His glory!  We rest in peace knowing that He is in control!

Our beautiful new home is 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and sits on 7 1/2 acres of God's open air!



So blessed for where God has led us over the last year....so excited for where He is leading us in the future and the plans He has in store for us!

Please continue to pray for our family:
~ That we would continue to bond and adjust to being together.
~ For Isaiah's heart as he waits for us - and for his paperwork so he doesn't have to wait anymore.
~ For Nahome and Mommy as we start school this week - or "Classes" as Nahome calls them!
~ For us to trust God with all the BIG things and the SMALL
~ For us to continue to trust God in our finances as we are buying a home and have to travel to Africa for the 3rd time (Josh's car broke down too, not even 2 hours after we accepted the offer for the house!)
~ That God would continue to use us for His plan and His glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment