Our Story

Our Story
We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.
~ Kristi Larson ~

Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, You didn't grow under my heart - but in it!
~ Fleur Conkling Heylinger ~
Adoption is not the call to have the perfect, rosy family. It is the CALL to Give LOVE, MERCY, and PATIENCE.



Monday, August 27, 2012

Krohn Fam - Back to School

I am sorry that the blog has been so quiet lately - you do have to realize that I have 4 precious blessings to occupy my time, and another precious soul still in Ethiopia to occupy my heart!  Life has been crazy busy as we've taken time to get to know each other, to settle into routines, and just enjoy each other's company.  We weren't home long when it was time to start getting ready to head back to school.  I worked a handful of half days to get my classroom ready and meet with my team - and I am TOTALLY stoked about working with some awesome 2nd grade teachers!!  The kids and I started out the school year last week!  Even though we'd only been home a week and a half I decided to work the first 2 days of school!  This allowed me to establish myself as the teacher, set up some routines in my classroom, and get to know my students a little bit (I taught 4th grade last year so it is quite the jump to the 7 year olds that now occupy my desks)!  I am now off for another week or so, when Nahome and I will both start school!

First day of school for 3 of the Krohn Crew!

Nahome is doing great!  He is learning the expectations of our family and his fits are few and far between these days!  He is happy and joyful and LOVES when his sister and brothers come home from school to play with him.  Nahome made his first appearance in Sunday School this week and LOVED it!  I stayed for a little bit but he was just fine without me!  He had a lot of fun in class with Leah and was excited to show me his craft.

We are learning and adjusting to what Nahome is needing as he bonds and attaches to being in a new family.  The issue has not been his fear and apprehension around new people or when we are apart from him....but it is the exact opposite.  He seems OVERLY comfortable with just about anyone.  He runs up to, gives hugs, and shows affection to most everyone he encounters.  Now don't get me wrong - he LOVES sitting on mama's lap and riding on Daddy's shoulders!  He is very affectionate with us and will run to us if he gets hurt or he finds one of his siblings being unjust.  BUT - we are doing our best to prove to him that we are his parents  - the ones to care for him, and love him, and provide for all of his needs....not the checker at Walmart, or the nice lady with a dog in the park, or the nurse at the doctor's office.  This is an entirely normal issue that arises with children who have been raised in an atmosphere where there are multiple care givers, as well as families coming and going all the time - bringing gifts of toys and candy!  We are doing our best to stick to our attachment plan of being the only ones to provide him with food, love, attention - we are limiting those allowed to pick him up and hold him to just us!  He is making new gains everyday and we are so thankful for our new little man!

We are hoping we get submitted to the US embassy for Isaiah's case in the next week or 2!!!  Please continue to pray for his heart as he waits for us - and continue to pray for our hearts as we transition our family yet again for another young man to join us!  Still pinch myself sometimes that I am blessed to call this my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment