Our Story

Our Story
We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.
~ Kristi Larson ~

Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, You didn't grow under my heart - but in it!
~ Fleur Conkling Heylinger ~
Adoption is not the call to have the perfect, rosy family. It is the CALL to Give LOVE, MERCY, and PATIENCE.



Friday, February 10, 2012

SOMEDAY SOON

Alright!  If you haven't heard by now, I have taken the plunge....decided to do something I would never have thought possible...made the decision to push myself beyond the limit....beyond my comfort zone....I have decided to train for a half marathon!

I have an amazing partner to keep me motivated and am excited to train with her!  My hubby has been super supportive and my 8 year old son has been a great running partner!  I was hesitant to commit to this run because of my lack of follow through in the past!  I always start out super motivated and then motivation seems to dwindle as life starts getting in the way!  I can't tell you how many times I have started P90X with all intentions of completing ALL 90 days of Tony's excruciating workouts!  Have I ever completed them - NO!

This year has been different though...God has led us on an amazing journey.  He has shown us a new way to look at life....allowed us to step out of our comfort zone and make a difference...promised to walk with us along the way!  I have had the privelege of hearing from God already on my workouts.  My last post, I posted a song that came on my MP3 player as I was finishing up my run!  "Blue Sky" made a smile come across my face and I immediately thought of Naomi!  God met me there in that place and gave me peace with my running and peace with our adoption journey!

Well, I headed back out for my mile trek today and as I rounded toward home, God brought me another song that touched my heart and gave me hope!  God gave me a smile, in the midst of my run, and I would be lying if there wasn't a little tear of anticipation in the corner of my eye as I ached for our day to truly come SOON!

Scroll down and push pause on the playlist and enjoy!

Won't ever get tired of Francesca - Love her!!


1 comment:

  1. oh how exciting! you can do it! and a running buddy always makes things easier. do you know yet what race you will run?

    ReplyDelete