Our Story

Our Story
We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.
~ Kristi Larson ~

Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, You didn't grow under my heart - but in it!
~ Fleur Conkling Heylinger ~
Adoption is not the call to have the perfect, rosy family. It is the CALL to Give LOVE, MERCY, and PATIENCE.



Thursday, February 23, 2012

Cheeka the Squirrel Saw Some Nuts

My middle son Noah just turned 7 years old and has the most precious and tender heart of any little boy I have ever seen!  He is always the first to give hugs and kisses, he loves to cuddle and he thinks about others.  When we decided to adopt he was very excited and if you asked him why we were adopting he would say, "So sister can come into our family and learn how much God loves her."  Be still my heart!!  When we opened our request up to a sibling group, the other 2 were a little hesitant, not Noah!  His response was, "I hope we get lots of kids, mom!  God loves all of them and it would be fun to have lots of brothers and sisters."  Ever since he was little, Noah has shown his big heart - I have always called him my little "Love Bug".



Watching Noah blossom and grow up this year in 1st grade has been so neat!  He loves math and writing!  His latest story that came home was so sweet and true to who Noah is.  Just had to share...

Cheeka the Squirrel Saw Some Nuts
by Noah
2-1-12
Hi my name is Cheeka the squirrel.
I can't catch nuts.
So I need someone to help me.
But who?
I will need a plan.
What will I do?
I am going to have to find someone.
It is going to be hard.
This is not fun.
Oh well.
I am persistant.
This is ofall (awful).

Hi!  Alvin the Chipmunk.
Can you help me get these nuts?
I will try to help.
We will need a plan.
It is going to be hard.
What will the plan be?
hm?

Alvin climbed and climbed!
He couldn't get any higher.
What is he going to do?
So he prayed to God.
God helped Alvin and Cheeka get the nuts.

I love his BIG heart and the values that he has!  I pray nightly that God continues to grow him into a strong young man, who loves God, and has a heart for His people!

I pray nightly that God would continue to show me how to trust in His help when I need it...
...just like Cheeka did!

No comments:

Post a Comment