Our Story

Our Story
We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.
~ Kristi Larson ~

Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, You didn't grow under my heart - but in it!
~ Fleur Conkling Heylinger ~
Adoption is not the call to have the perfect, rosy family. It is the CALL to Give LOVE, MERCY, and PATIENCE.



Friday, January 27, 2012

Mama's Arms

My Sweet Naomi,

Did you ever get to sit in your mama's arms and rock and cuddle?  Did you ever get to run into her arms in the middle of the night when you were scared?  Did your mama ever scoop you up and hold you when you fell and scraped your knee?  Did your mama ever wrap you in a blanket and hold you until the storm passed?  Did your ever run into her arms giggling in excitement when she returned from being gone?

I hope that you got to sit in her arms and hear her heartbeat, sometime in your little life.  I don't know what has taken you out of her embrace and led you along a different path.  I don't know how long it has been since you have last seen her, or even if you ever have.

I don't know who's lap you sit in to rock and cuddle.  I don't know if you have someone to run to in the middle of the night when you are alone and scared.  I don't know who cares for your bumps and bruises when you fall.  I don't know if you have someone to hold you and tell you that the storm will soon pass.  I don't know if you have anyone's embrace to run to after a long day.

What I do know, sweet girl, is that this mama's arms are ready and waiting!  I can't wait to feel your heartbeat blend in with mine as we cuddle on the couch.  I can't wait to rock and cuddle, with you on one side and your sister on the other.  I can't wait to scoop you into my arms and kiss away your scrapes and hurts.  I can't wait to calm your fears through the storms of life, in a way that only mamas can.  I cannot WAIT for you to run into my arms, after being apart!

I do not know the path that is bringing you into my life.  I do not know the circumstances, the hurts, and the change.  I do not know your name or what you look like.  BUT - I have been blown away at the place you have already taken in my heart.

I knew that we would have to wait to meet you.  I hoped and prayed that God would begin to weave a Mama Love for you into my heart.  As God only has a way of doing, He has BLOWN me away with an unending, yearning, mama love for you!  For you my daughter that I have never met, I love you!!  I love you with every breathe that I breathe and every beat of my heart!  I ache to hold you in my arms, as I have already begun to hold you in my heart!

Until these MAMA ARMS can hold you,
I TRUST and PRAY that God will hold us BOTH in HIS loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment