Our Story

Our Story
We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.
~ Kristi Larson ~

Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, You didn't grow under my heart - but in it!
~ Fleur Conkling Heylinger ~
Adoption is not the call to have the perfect, rosy family. It is the CALL to Give LOVE, MERCY, and PATIENCE.



Sunday, January 8, 2012

The NAOMI Project

My brother has been posting on facebook that he is in the process of starting a new venture...something big...and life changing!  I assumed it was a new business venture....selling something...opening a new charter school, only run by people in our family - we have enough teachers in the fam it could be done.  He posted a glimpse into his new passion and I would NEVER have guessed what he's up to!!  For those of you that know anything about our history - God has moved MOUNTAINS in my family, especially with my relationship with my brother!  I am so thankful for family and am in awe of what God is doing in our lives!!

The much anticipated - life changing - venture that my brother has started  is called "THE NAOMI PROJECT~Helping Families Bring Their Children Home".  Tears flowed down my face as I read his outlook on the project and his hopes for the future!  Tears flowed down my face as I read that my family was the inspiration to this new passion that could lead to amazing lives changed.  I am in awe at how God is orchestrating a journey that none of us could have seen coming.  I am humbled to be a vessel for Him that is leading to a Kingdom difference.  I am sooo excited to see what the future holds for the Naomi Project and to meet the amazing people that will benefit and be blessed by it!

I recently read "Kisses from Katie" which is a MUST read if you haven't read it!!!  She talked about people calling her courageous and brave for the life she has chosen, for the path that she has taken.  She says that she isn't brave, in fact she is fearful often.  She said she is simply following God's plan for her life and she has chosen to say "YES" to whatever God has in store for her!!  She said it has NOTHING to do with her and everything to do with GOD!

People often tell us "Good for You" for choosing to adopt but it has nothing to do with that!  God has us on this journey, it is not a journey we chose but a path that HE chose for our family!!  It is so amazing to see my brother allowing God to use him to make an eternal difference - for choosing to say "YES" to a Mighty God. 

Hold on BROTHER - He's got BIG plans that will take you where you NEVER thought you'd go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment