Our Story

Our Story
We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.
~ Kristi Larson ~

Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, You didn't grow under my heart - but in it!
~ Fleur Conkling Heylinger ~
Adoption is not the call to have the perfect, rosy family. It is the CALL to Give LOVE, MERCY, and PATIENCE.



Thursday, December 1, 2011

All In

Do you ever feel like sometimes God asks you to do things and you say "Ok God, I will do some of that."  He asks you to step out on faith and you are willing to step out just enough - as long as it is still comfortable.  Nothing radical or life changing, just the minimal so that you can claim obediance?

Through this adoption journey I am learning just how much I did this very thing.  Pray on other people's behalf who were being called to go through a radical and faith growing experience.  Give support and encouragement to others that were willing to go and spread God's love.  Give my support while keeping my comortable and controlled life.

All of that has changed!  I can tell you the moment that God began to shake my life and turn my type A - likes to control everything - hyperventilate if there is even a hint of change - life upside down!  God took hold of my life and told me - I am NOT done with you yet!  Really He said - I'm only JUST beginning! 

It is amazing as I look back over the last 8 months - I am in awe.  Each new step that God takes us on, drawing us closer to Him, giving us glimpses of His heart - Each step feels like that is what we are on this journey to learn, only to find out we don't know anything yet.  We aren't even CLOSE to the finish line of faith building and God revealing lessons.

First ~ God calls us to adopt - and through my husband no less which drives this control freak mama crazy that God used him and not me...but thankful none the less!

Second ~ God led us to Ethiopia - where we are falling more and more in love with the country and we haven't even been there.  God has put a passion in our hearts that is beyond anything that I could describe.

Third ~ God asks us to be open to a sibling group!  As I have explained before, we most likely will receive just our daughter - but you never know what God has planned.  If God asked us to be open to a sibling group strictly for obediance - then we will obey!  If God asked us to be open to a sibling group because our kids are out there waiting for us - then bring it on!  (Once again, God used my husband to urge our hearts toward siblings - drives my control crazy mind up a wall - but SO very thankful I have a husband that is listening to God's will for our lives!)

The Latest Urging - After talking to several families who have traveled recently and doing some talking ourselves - we have decided to take our children with us on our first trip over to Ethiopia! Yes - you heard correctly - we are VOLUNTARILY taking 3 children under the age of 9, halfway across the world, to a country we've never been to!  I get stressed packing my children to take them on a 4 day camping trip - and now I'm choosing to pack them up, put them on an endless flight, to a foreign country with crazy drivers and interesting cuisine. 

WHY in the WORLD would we make this choice?  Josh and I have been so blown away by this experience so far - God has shown us so much about His heart and His people along the way.  Our children have been changed too!  They look at the world differently and you can tell by the way that they pray.  They used to pray that they would have a fun day and sleep good - which they still do.  But now their prayers include "keep everyone in the world safe and healthy", "help people know that the real reason for Christmas is you Jesus", "help sister know that we love her and that you do to Jesus"!

God is molding and shaping our children to love Him and His people.  God is teaching us that this is not just about adding another child to our family.  This journey is about God moving His people, toward His heart.  We want to allow our children the life-changing experience of traveling with us on this amazing journey!  I want to watch my children interact and play with one another - all 4 (or so) of them!  I want to have my children experience the Ethiopian culture and get a glimpse of their sister's heritage.  I want my children to step away from the me-centered society that we live in and get a chance to love on their sister and other children of God!

Will it be hard at times - YES!  Will there be stress and chaos - I GUARANTEE IT!  Will God provide patience, and love, and guidance, and safety, and a LIFE-CHANGING experience for US ALL - You BETCHA!

I keep thinking that I have surrended to God's will for my life.  Then He brings a still small whisper - a gentle nudging - a simple direction - of where He wants to take me!  I am learning that I can not ARRIVE at God's will for my life - but I can be OPEN to His will for my life!  I am learning to say - Yes God...wherever and whatever...I'm ALL IN!

~ With God's Love and Blessing ~
The Krohn Family

(While the decision to travel with our children is a blessing and we are very excited, it will be adding quite a bit of expense to our already daunting adoption budget.  If you feel led to support our efforts please see the giving link on the sidebar.)
May God bless you while He moves you closer to Him!

1 comment:

  1. WOOHOO!!!!! Way to be "All in!" Just where God wants to you to be!!! Open to whatever His will is for your life and your family! Get grounded, girl, because God has an awesome ride in store for you!!! Awesome ride!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete