Our Story

Our Story
We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.
~ Kristi Larson ~

Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, You didn't grow under my heart - but in it!
~ Fleur Conkling Heylinger ~
Adoption is not the call to have the perfect, rosy family. It is the CALL to Give LOVE, MERCY, and PATIENCE.



Tuesday, October 9, 2012

GOTCHA!!!!!

I wish I could be there...I wish I could see his face light up....I wish I could feel him wrap his arms around me and hold on like his life depended on it...I wish I could see the twinkle in his eye when he smiles....I wish I could give him a hug when he has to say goodbye to his friends....I wish I could walk hand in hand with him out the transition home gates - an orphan NO MORE!!

I KNOW with all of my heart that Josh and I made the right decision!  It makes perfect sense for me to stay behind with Nahome and the rest of the kids while he makes a QUICK pick up and head home!  Financially we have already paid PLENTY on airfare and to only have one traveling for our 3rd trip to Africa in 4 months helps.  It makes sense to leave the kids in their routines of school and life!

BUT....this mama is having a hard time letting go!!  I am jealous....I have grown to LOVE Ethiopia and it makes me sad that I am missing out!!!  I am overjoyed that Isaiah will be with us forever in just a few short hours - - but it still feels so distant since I don't get to be there to experience it!

I am THANKFUL for an amazing husband who has grown into a strong man and a loving Father!  I am THANKFUL that Isaiah once again has a father - and that he will be there to see his face light up - to give him a hug - to make him smile - and to walk hand in hand with him and tell him he is an orphan NO MORE!!  

Isaiah should be waking up soon - I cannot imagine what is going through his head as he knows Daddy is coming soon to pick him up!!  I pray for his heart as he says goodbye to ALL that he has ever known!!  There is such a sense of expectancy but a sense of loss and grief as well - - which was evident in the pics we got of his tear stained face last week as he started his final goodbyes!  I pray the goodbyes will NOT be final - - we have every intention of returning and keeping the boys connected to their country and their people!  I pray for peace for my boys heart and comfort for all of the changes to come!

The kids are SO excited to have Isaiah home and I can't wait to watch Nahome and Isaiah be reunited!  Part of what made leaving back in August so difficult was knowing that not only were we leaving but Isaiah was losing his brother too!  Nahome is SO excited and has been counting down with excitement right along with the rest of us!

It is just shy of 4 days now until our family of SEVEN will be all together again!!!
BUT - first things first - - it is just over 2 hours until Isaiah's GOTCHA DAY!!!!
Welcome SON - into our home, our family, our hearts - FOREVER!!!!
We love you and are blessed to call you our SON!

No comments:

Post a Comment