Our Story

Our Story
We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.
~ Kristi Larson ~

Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, You didn't grow under my heart - but in it!
~ Fleur Conkling Heylinger ~
Adoption is not the call to have the perfect, rosy family. It is the CALL to Give LOVE, MERCY, and PATIENCE.



Thursday, October 25, 2012

A Whirlwind...

It is so crazy how you can wait and wait and wait for something to happen, and as soon as it does it seems like life picks up to a hundred mile an hour pace and you have trouble keeping up....anyone know what I'm talking about or is it just me??

Adoption, for those of you who are not agonizing through the wait, is ALLLLLL about waiting and timing!!!  (I'm learning that so is buying a house - but that is a whole different topic all together!).  It seemed like it was FILLED with Hurry Up and Wait scenarios!  Hurry up and get all your homestudy appointments done so you can WAIT on USCIS to run your backgrounds and approve you!  Hurry up and get your paperwork done so you can WAIT and WAIT and WAIT for a referral!!  After this point, you pretty much just WAIT and WAIT and WAIT (Well, you get the picture!).  I'm not sure what other adoptive mamas did during this time but I know I spent lots of time wishing the days away - wanting my boys home - wanting our family to be complete and our lives to begin together!!

Well - FIVE months ago we got on a plane as a Family of 5 to meet the little man who had stolen our heart!  On this journey we also got to meet the young man who would become our big brother!  ALL I can say about the last FIVE months is - there has been waiting and waiting and waiting - BUT it has been a WHIRLWIND!!!

In a blink of an eye(I can say that now, but it was agonizing during the wait!) our summer was gone and Nahome was home with us - adusting, learning, growing!!  Here we are a couple months into Fall and Isaiah has made his journey across land and sea to the place he now calls home!  The kids are all in school and we had FIVE Parent-Teacher Conferences to prove it!

Tonight seemed like a milestone night for me in the whirlwind I have called life lately!  I finished up my First Quarter Conferences at school!  When I look back over the last couple of months and all that has taken place, I am in awe of God's grace in helping me through!  In the first quarter of this school year, in the midst of a new classroom, new grade level, new currriculum, new state standards....we have completed two adoptions, went from 2 kiddos in school last year to five this year, not to mention we decided to BUY a HOUSE and are SUPPOSED to close next week and move the week after!!!!!!

I was sitting in a doctor's office with one of the kiddos last week (With five kiddos it seems like they never end) and looked in the mirror!  I looked to Josh and asked if I ALWAYS look that TIRED!!!  I know that I feel tired a lot and life is BUSY but I didn't realize how exhausted I am all the time until I looked at my face dripping with exhaustion in the mirror.  As I reflect back on what has taken place in the last couple months I TOTALLY get why I am so exhausted!  Now - our adoptions (SO FAR) have gone smoothly and transitions have been easy!  The boys are doing GREAT (Pretty sure we are still in the honeymoon stage we like to call SHOCK with Isaiah - so ask me how he is in a month or two!).  I cannot imagine the exhaustion that I would feel if we were have a difficult time - as MANY adoptive families do and ARE!  I have just realized that our life consists of a LOT these days and there isn't always energy to keep up with it!

I praise GOD that HE has brought me on this crazy journey and blessed me with an AMAZING family!  The last few months have been a whirlwind for sure and frankly I don't know if it will settle any in the future!  Thankful that God walks beside me and carries me through! Rejoicing that His grace is sufficient and He is the ROCK I can lean on when I fail time and time again from trying to do things my own way!  I will do my BEST to live in the moment and soak in each and every precious memory that I am making with my kids!  They grow all to quickly and before I know it the whirlwind will have carried us on to another time and another adventure!  Doing my best to hold on for the ride and enjoy the view of the adventure we call life...

No comments:

Post a Comment