Our Story

Our Story
We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.
~ Kristi Larson ~

Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, You didn't grow under my heart - but in it!
~ Fleur Conkling Heylinger ~
Adoption is not the call to have the perfect, rosy family. It is the CALL to Give LOVE, MERCY, and PATIENCE.



Monday, August 13, 2012

Home!

The last few days have been LONG, EXHAUSTING, and HARDER than I thought they would be!  Nahome did great traveling and our flights went uneventful for the most part!  36 hours of traveling later and we arrived in Boise!  Nahome was officially a US citizen when we went through our first port of entry into the US which was in San Francisco!  We were so incredibly excited and documented the fun with a picture!


Shortly after we took this picture stress started to envelop me.  I was EXHAUSTED which probably didn't help!  We found out that our basement had flooded the day before - ARE YOU KIDDING ME???  We worked SO incredibly  hard to have the house clean, organized, and perfect before we left.  I didn't want to have to worry about the house AT ALL when we arrived - I just wanted to be able to enjoy spending time getting to know each other!  Thankfully our landlord, neighbors, and parents worked quickly to get the situation under control.  All the stuff had been moved to our back patio to dry and the disaster clean up crews had been called!


Not exactly what I had planned to come home to but THANKFUL for hard working family and for nothing damaged - that we can tell so far!  It is going to be another few days for the basement to dry out after they power washed it then I'm hoping to be able to see my patio again!

When we were in San Francisco, we also realized that my phone wasn't working!  SERIOUSLY???  I purposefully charged it before we left Ethiopia so that when I got to the good ole USA I would be able to get on and check my email to see if we passed court - which we didn't (more below)!  I was able to get on Josh's phone and check my email and call our parents to talk details about the flood - but OHHHH I was frustrated!  We can't afford a new phone right now....  When we got home my parents were sweet enough to take my phone in to the Verizon store and it was under warranty so they were REPLACING it!!!!!!  Praise the Lord - they said the new phone was being shipped out and should be here by Friday!!  Well, it came in the mail TODAY (Monday)!!!!!

Also while we were in San Francisco (It was becoming my LEAST favorite place), we realized that 1 of our 3 suitcases was MISSING!  We answered the security questions in Frankfurt and all 3 bags were accounted for.  We sit in Frankfurt for a SEVEN hour layover....and yet when we arrive in San Francisco one is missing!  I guess SEVEN hours is enough time to lose one!  We didn't think to much of it and hoped it would be shortly behind us.  When we got home and unpacked this weekend and began realizing what was in the missing luggage - I started stressing!  I put my camera (our nice one) in the suitcase at the last minute because I didn't want to have to carry it through the airport!  It also had Josh's electric razor and ALL of Nahome's new lotions, shampoos, etc (that are like $10 bucks a piece).  I was hoping to hear Saturday, started stressing on Sunday and by last night was a wreck!  I prayed SO incredibly hard that our luggage would be found and safely returned.  My camera had SO many pictures from our trip and my exhausted jet lagged heart couldn't bear the thought of having to fill out MORE paperwork if it ended up being missing!!!  Thankfully we serve a MIGHTY God who cares about mama melt downs late at night!!  By noon today we had word that our luggage had FINALLY arrived in Boise and by one this afternoon it was on our door step - and ALL items were accounted for!!!  Praise the Lord!

While in San Francisco we also found out that we hadn't passed court for Isaiah - court had taken place on Friday in Ethiopia!  Our documents were all there and accounted for - which is HUGE....his birth mom was able to make the trip and appear to give her consent....BUT she did not have proper identification with her.  SO our agency is working with her to get the appropriate ID and the courts have rescheduled her appointment for Wednesday August 15th (which is Tuesday night our time)!  I spent some time yesterday putting together Isaiah's video and can't wait to share his sweet face with all of you!

OKAY - so far this post has been a lot of stress and drama that has come from our journey home!!  BUT - through it all I am reminded that we serve a MIGHTY God!  That no matter what comes our way, we can trust in Him to guide and direct our lives and hearts!  I am reminded each day as I look into four precious faces that call me mama, and look into precious pictures of another who is heart broken that we had to leave - I am reminded of the journey that we are on! The journey to serve a MIGHTY God and to show our children what HIS love is really all about!  All the stress that I have felt is SO incredibly trivial and worldly - it is STUFF and not even really stuff that matters in the realm of eternity!  But through it all God cared that my heart hurt and that I was stressed and He worked it all out so my mind could be at peace!  For that I am grateful - He knows His child and knows how my mind works!  I love that!

Nahome is doing MUCH better and we are making new gains EVERY day as we set up the routines of our family and household!  Jetlag is starting to wear off which I think has made our outlook on life 100 x's better!  I still get overwhelmed knowing that school starts next week - knowing I have a ton of things to do between now and then (both as a teacher and a mama)!  But that is next week and as for today - I will cherish my time home with my four kiddos and my hubby (who is blessed with another 4 weeks off of work)!  I will cherish sweet friends and family who are blessing us with meals so I don't have to worry about cooking ( If you are wanting to bring a meal you can sign up here)!  I will continue to praise my Heavenly Father each day for the blessings that are in my life and continue to seek after His heart and plan for my family!  

No comments:

Post a Comment