Our Story

Our Story
We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.
~ Kristi Larson ~

Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, You didn't grow under my heart - but in it!
~ Fleur Conkling Heylinger ~
Adoption is not the call to have the perfect, rosy family. It is the CALL to Give LOVE, MERCY, and PATIENCE.



Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sweet Blessings!

As I sat in church yesterday amidst the beautiful African music, my daughter Leah crawled into my lap and asked me to read her Bible to her.  Like most 4 year olds, her Bible is more like a child's picture book and not a whole lot like scripture.  I was trying to listen and participate in the service but Leah was adimant for my attention.  She opened it up, grabbed my cheeks and said "Read it Mommy".  As I looked at the sparkly pink pages of "The Sweetest Story Bible - Sweet thoughts and sweet words for little girls" I read:

The Lord your God is with you.

He is mighty enough to save you.

He will take great delight in you.

The quietness of His love will calm you down.

He will sing with joy because of you.

Zepheniah 3:17

It was Leah's gentle hands upon my cheeks turning my eyes to the page but it was God's gentle guidance leading me to a word from Him. 

I need God with me more than ever as I ponder and wait on His timing. 

He is ohhhh sooo mighty.

It is hard to believe that He takes delight in me - a gentle reminder. 

His love is in the quiet, the still small whisper of reassurance, the warmth to know that He is in control, that He knows best.

He sings with joy because of me - when I should be singing with joy because of HIM!

I hold fast to the truth of scripture that this verse was meant just as much for Naomi as it was for Leah and I on that day!

Sweet girl - God is with you!

Sweet girl - He will save you  - I pray now for your salvation!

Sweet girl - He takes GREAT delight in you!

Sweet girl - His love will meet you in the quiet and give you calm and peace!

Sweet girl - He sings for joy because of YOU!

Heavenly Father I come to you on this day with your words on my heart.  Be with my baby girl as she is so far awayHold her and be with her!  Draw her close to you and never let her go!  I pray for her salvation, that in the midst of her life you would make yourself known to her.  Continue to make yourself known to me, through the still small voice, the gently touch, the persistent nudging to do more, to love more, to give more, to see others through your eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment