Our Story

Our Story
We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.
~ Kristi Larson ~

Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, You didn't grow under my heart - but in it!
~ Fleur Conkling Heylinger ~
Adoption is not the call to have the perfect, rosy family. It is the CALL to Give LOVE, MERCY, and PATIENCE.



Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor of Love

A fellow waiting family suggested that we spend Labor Day weekend remembering the Labor of Love that is bringing us our children.  We were encouraged to pray for our daughter's birth family.  As I pondered the double sided emotion that adoption brings, it made me sit back and examine the emotional journey that will bring her to us.  As I sit anxiously awaiting a phone call informing me that my daughter's picture is awaiting, a mother somewhere is thinking of her daughter that she gave up.  A daughter that she loved dearly but wanted to have a better life.  If life circumstance had only been different, maybe she would still be holding her sweet daughter in her arms and tucking her in at night.  As I await the picture of her sweet face, I hold fast to the truth that I will get to look into her beloved eyes for the rest of her life.  There is a young woman somewhere that will only get to hold on to the memories of her daughter's smile.  Adoption is a two sided journey - joy and elation for the adoptive family and sacrifice and hope from the birth family.  I prayed for my daughter's family a lot this weekend.  For her mom and dad, any siblings or grandparents that may be missing her joyful face.  I pray today that God would intervene in their lives and draw them to Him.  That they would grow to know God's grace and accept His salvation.  That my daughter could see her family again, at Heaven's gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment