Our Story

Our Story
We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.
~ Kristi Larson ~

Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, You didn't grow under my heart - but in it!
~ Fleur Conkling Heylinger ~
Adoption is not the call to have the perfect, rosy family. It is the CALL to Give LOVE, MERCY, and PATIENCE.



Sunday, March 16, 2014

DO SOMETHING

I heard this song on my way to church - - I'm ready to DO SOMETHING!  How about you???

I woke up this morning 
Saw a world full of trouble now 
Thought, how’d we ever get so far down 
How’s it ever gonna turn around 
So I turned my eyes to Heaven 
I thought, “God, why don’t You do something?”
Well, I just couldn’t bear the thought of 
People living in poverty 
Children sold into slavery 
The thought disgusted me 
So, I shook my fist at Heaven 
Said, “God, why don’t You do something?” 
He said, “I did, I created you” 
If not us, then who 
If not me and you 
Right now, it’s time for us to do something 
If not now, then when 
Will we see an end 
To all this pain 
It’s not enough to do nothing 
It’s time for us to do something 
I’m so tired of talking 
About how we are God’s hands and feet 
But it’s easier to say than to be 
Live like angels of apathy who tell ourselves 
It’s alright, “somebody else will do something” 
Well, I don’t know about you 
But I’m sick and tired of life with no desire 
I don’t want a flame, I want a fire 
I wanna be the one who stands up and says, 
“I’m gonna do something” 
We are the salt of the earth 
We are a city on a hill 
But we’re never gonna change the world 
By standing still 
No we won’t stand still 
No we won’t stand still 
No we won’t stand still


No comments:

Post a Comment