Our Story

Our Story
We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.
~ Kristi Larson ~

Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, You didn't grow under my heart - but in it!
~ Fleur Conkling Heylinger ~
Adoption is not the call to have the perfect, rosy family. It is the CALL to Give LOVE, MERCY, and PATIENCE.



Tuesday, November 13, 2012

One Day at a Time - - they ALL add up!

Life has been crazy - but we keep pushing ahead...one day at a time!  One foot in front of another - one sunrise and one sunset - one day at a time has brought us to.....THREE MONTHS home with our precious 5 year old....AND....ONE MONTH home with our handsome ten year old!  I can't imagine my life without these two Ethiopian blessings and cannot remember my home without them in it!  As I have posted before - my house is LOUD and FULL and ROWDY.....but I wouldn't have it any other way!!

Days are not always easy - there are days where there are a lot of tears (Mostly MINE as I wade through the stress of all that my life entails).  There are mornings like this morning when Isaiah wanted his Mom, not me, but his Ethiopian Mom (he asked for her and said "today, my mom")....this mama's heart broke as I saw the longing in his eyes for her.  Some days Nahome is out of sorts and cries and whines about everything - he seems unsettled and can't seem to get a grasp on life.  There are days when Isaiah is withdrawn and quiet (mostly on the weekends).

BUT - - - there are a LOT of good days - - - the hard days are few and far between and most days we have belly laughing, boys wrestling, and giggles galore.  Our home is not the same - our family is not the same - our lives are not the same - and thank goodness for that....we are MORE because of this crazy journey that God brought us on.  We are MORE for the crazy BOYS he brought into our lives!  We are MORE....because we said YES!  I can't wait to see what God has in store for us in the next few months!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment