Our Story

Our Story
We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.
~ Kristi Larson ~

Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, You didn't grow under my heart - but in it!
~ Fleur Conkling Heylinger ~
Adoption is not the call to have the perfect, rosy family. It is the CALL to Give LOVE, MERCY, and PATIENCE.



Thursday, November 22, 2012

Beyond Thankful this THANKSgiving!

               
Thanksgiving is always a time to sit and ponder all of the blessings that we tend to take for granted the rest of the year.  We try to slow down the pace and sit and enjoy those around us!  We eat yummy food and spend extra time with those we love.  This year, Thanksgiving seemed to sneak up on us!  We have been busy, busy, busy with adding two new additions to the family and moving just THREE days ago!  I honestly cannot believe that the day to give thanks is already here and gone and we are now heading into Christmas season!

I cannot even begin to put into words all that I am thankful for!  It is always difficult to really grasp all that God has blessed me with, but this year (as always) - - I am undeserving of all that God has given me - - and yet, so incredibly THANKFUL that HE chose me to walk this life!  I am blessed to share my life with an amazing man who loves God and his family!  I am blessed and thankful for GOD's amazing plan for my life and that HE doesn't leave us where we are - - He molds us and uses us...and for that reason we said yes....for that reason we went from being thankful times THREE last year to thankful times FIVE this year!!!
Last Thanksgiving I DIDN'T know....
~ We would be blessed with TWO amazing blessings from Ethiopia.
~ We would be getting brothers instead of a sister.
~ We would be expanding our family as well as our home.
~ While I ate turkey and pumpkin pie, my boys had little to no food to eat.
~ My boys were spending their last few weeks with their families, trying to make ends meet enough to stay together.
~ My heart would be FOREVER changed due to two brown eyed little boys.

This Thanksgiving....
~ My boys got to have turkey for the first time.
~ My boys had their fill and plenty left - they will never have to worry where there next meal will come from.
~ I pray that the boys' families in Ethiopia are safe, healthy, and have food to eat.
~ I am thankful for a home of our own - with space to roam - and warmth and comfort.
~ I pray that the boys' families have shelter and warmth today.
~ I am thankful for a God who watches over us and guides us to follow His will for our lives.
~ I am thankful for a God who can watch over the lives of our now extended family halfway across the world - may He bless them special today and may they know how thankful we are for their amazing love.

Enter His gates with thanksgiving, And His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him; bless His name.
Psalm 100:4

So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. 
Colossians 2:6-7

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. 
Colossians 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment