Our Story

Our Story
We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.
~ Kristi Larson ~

Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, You didn't grow under my heart - but in it!
~ Fleur Conkling Heylinger ~
Adoption is not the call to have the perfect, rosy family. It is the CALL to Give LOVE, MERCY, and PATIENCE.



Sunday, June 10, 2012

Re-entry and the Wait

We have made our re-entry into the good 'ole USA and have recovered some from travel.....jetlag is killer and I have felt like I have been walking around like some sort of zombie for the first few days back!  We have returned to our normal....laundry, dishes, cooking, baseball.  When we left we were finishing up school and as we return it is summer break!  The kids have LOVED playing and hanging out.  They missed their wide open spaces that make up our backyard.  They missed their toys - - the night we got home, at 1:30 in the morning I found Leah sitting in the middle of her bed rocking back and forth with 2 of her stuffed animals!  She missed being able to be a little mama and rocked her baby for the following 3 days!  We all missed milk and cereal and have eaten our fare share since returning!

I am doing my best to keep busy!  Cleaning has been interesting - thanks to our moms the house was spotless when we got home, yard was mowed, and food was in the fridge!  For some reason though, none of those things have continued...it is so weird - the house gets messier and messier, the yard grows and even turns brownish, and the fridge gets emptier and emptier!  My excuse of jetlag can only hold up for so long until I have to get my hiney off of the couch and take care of my house - maybe tomorrow!  Have a maid and cook for 2 weeks was nicer than I had realized!

I am really good at diverting emotion by keeping my mind busy!  I am avoiding the reality that my son is SO very far away by nesting!  We are busily working on specifics to our 5k fundraiser coming up in 3 weeks.  We are hoping to tackle the bedrooms in the next week or so.  We have to gut, organize, pack, and trade rooms!  The boys are all going into Leah's room and Leah is headed to the stink bomb that is known as the boy's den!  Febreeze sister - lots and lots of febreeze!

We are hopeful that everything will go smoothly and that we will be heading back to Ethiopia to pick up our soon shortly after the 5K - families previously have traveled around a month or so after passing court.  We have learned over the last 15 months, however, that NOTHING is normal, no family experiences the same thing, things rarely go SMOOTHLY or as expected.  For now, I am holding on to the dream of early to mid July - as it nears I may need to readjust, cry, and hold on for the ride!

Everyone has been so excited to welcome us back!  We have heard lots of words of encouragement and offers of prayer.  To this I say, please continue to prayer, to support, to encourage!  Many have asked how I am feeling, knowing I had to leave my son.  To be perfectly honest, I miss him terribly but I am kind of still waiting for the other shoe to drop...for the flood gates to break forth.  I have yet to break down, to have a good cry....which if anyone knows me is VERY unusual!  I usually cry at ANYTHING!  Don't get me wrong, I have shed tears over leaving - I have teared up a time or 2 since leaving Ethiopia - but I have yet to have a good cleansing break down.  So just know that I am fine, know that it will come, know that it may come while I am talking with you.  If an emotional breakdown happens in response to your asking how I am or how much longer we have to wait - please know that it is not your fault and that it is okay.  Please just give me a hug and let me cry.

Hopeful we are back in beautiful Ethiopia soon!  
Trusting that God will sustain our hearts and Nahome's while we wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment