Our Story

Our Story
We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.
~ Kristi Larson ~

Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, You didn't grow under my heart - but in it!
~ Fleur Conkling Heylinger ~
Adoption is not the call to have the perfect, rosy family. It is the CALL to Give LOVE, MERCY, and PATIENCE.



Friday, May 11, 2012

While I'm Waiting

Many people have asked how the wait is going - I don't ever know what to say!  It is getting harder and harder, each step, each stage, the emotions are deeper and the wait seems like a wound that is more open.  Your heart is more invested and more vulnerable.  The process is more and more out of your hands (like it was ever in our hands to begin with - ha!).

This past 6 weeks as we wait for our clearance from the US government and also wait for our court date - I like to tell myself that I am fine, which for the first month(maybe) I was pretty good.  These last 2 weeks however, I do all that I can not to cry at the thought of my son.  I don't do a very good job of holding back the tears most days.

My heart hurts, but I know that many have and are going through this process and have had to endure SO much more than we are.  I think of the mama who got their referral over a year ago and still do not have a court date due to orphonage closures.  I think of the mama who was told last week that she was going to get a court date, and then didn't.  I think of the mama who went to court last July for her sweet little baby, only to wait another 6 months to bring their almost toddler boy home.

I am blessed to have an amazing family and beautiful children by my side.  I have not done a good job of living in the blessings that I am in the midst of - I want so badly to be THERE but I am HERE - and I have to be thankful for that!  I have to embrace my children, that are here, and love them, and appreciate them, and not take this time with them for granted - wishing away the time until we get to meet our son!

I saw this video on a friends facebook post today and it is so very close to my heart!  I pray that God would empty my heart and my life of MY desires, to fill me back up with HIS.  I pray that God would enable me to praise Him, even amidst the wait and the unknown!  No matter what - I will PRAISE YOU, LORD!

(Don't forget to scroll to the bottom and stop the music to watch the video!)


No comments:

Post a Comment