Our Story

Our Story
We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.
~ Kristi Larson ~

Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, You didn't grow under my heart - but in it!
~ Fleur Conkling Heylinger ~
Adoption is not the call to have the perfect, rosy family. It is the CALL to Give LOVE, MERCY, and PATIENCE.



Thursday, May 24, 2012

Once in a Lifetime Moments

Ten years ago tonight Josh and I were finishing up last minute details, we were exhausted, we knew that our lives were changing forever, we spent our night in restless sleep.  It was the night before our wedding and a night you never forget.  You know in your heart and mind that your life is forever changed.  We had known we were in love and going to get married from very early on.  We spent months planning, on the phone making plans, filling out paperwork.  Even though we had given our hearts to each other and knew that we would spend forever together, the day of the wedding made it official!  It was the day that STARTED the next leg of our journey!


Tomorrow we celebrate our 10 year anniversary and we will be starting a whole NEW leg of our journey we call life!  We will be flying halfway around the world with our 3 beutiful blessings, to meet the son that stole our hearts from the very beginning.  We've worked at finishing up last minute details, we are exhausted, and we know that our lives are changing forever!  We have been on this journey to our son for over a year but this next week makes it official!!  We are starting our next leg of our journey as a family of SIX!  We will get to hold our son in our arms and tell him how much we love him!  We will get to see his sweet smile and hear his giggles in person!  We will get to watch our kids (All 4 of them) run and play and laugh and enjoy being kids - together!!

If you ask me if I love my husband as much as I did 10 years ago when we took our vows, I will tell you no. I love him SO much more than I ever knew I could.  There is something about sharing this crazy life with your best friend that allows you to grow in your love and understanding of one another!  I feel so very blessed to not only be in love with my husband after ten years, but to be continuing to fall in love with him in new and deeper ways!

If you would have asked me 10 years ago if we would be here now, I would have told you no.   I am thankful to a God who is Mighty and knows better than us - who refuses to leave us where we are and guides us to what He has planned for us!  I am thankful for this journey that we are embarking on and to be sharing it with the love of my life!  I can't wait to see what the next 10 years hold for us - to be honest - I can't wait to see what the next 10 days have in store - they are both going to be moments of a lifetime!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment