Our Story

Our Story
We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.
~ Kristi Larson ~

Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, You didn't grow under my heart - but in it!
~ Fleur Conkling Heylinger ~
Adoption is not the call to have the perfect, rosy family. It is the CALL to Give LOVE, MERCY, and PATIENCE.



Thursday, October 6, 2011

Trust in the Lord

Our agency posted today on our Ethiopia facebook page...

“Trust in the Lord always, for the Lord God is the eternal Rock.” Isaiah 26:4 NLT

Most of you know that courts in Ethiopia have been closed since the first week of August and are due to open up this week.  It has been a long and quiet time for many families stuck in the midst of court closure.  A few families are waiting for a recommendation letter from the courts to submit to Embassy in order to bring their children home.  Some families are waiting to get clearance from Embassy to travel and pick up their children and bring them home to their forever families! Other families have received referrals in the quiet of court closure and are waiting to receive a court date so they can make their first trip over and hold their children for the first time.  There are yet others who are waiting for a referral.  Not just waiting a month or so, like us, but these families have been waiting for over a year.  Waiting and hoping each time the phone rings that it is their family coordinator with news of a referral.

The mood in many families is a sense of yearning and exhaustion.  Many families have asked for prayer - that God would give them strength when they don't feel like they have any left.  For peace and comfort in the continued wait.  I am asking you to lift up these families with me.  God has an amazing plan and everything needs to be in place for each family to receive the children that God designed for them.  It is so hard for us to see and understand God's timing - but I know that it is perfect and I will choose to believe and Trust in the Lord.

I know the day will come when I will be sick of waiting - I am already there most days...even though I know I have a long and difficult wait ahead.  I ache for Naomi and want more than anything to hold her in my arms and tell her everything is going to be ok - that her Mama is here now!  In the midst of the waiting I am  choosing to spend my time in prayer - and I ask that you join me in lifting up our process.  Instead of trying to figure out what scenario may bring us our daughter and trying to predict when a referral may come - I have been spending my time on my knees!   I have been praying for every hand that has a part in bringing our daughter home.  I pray for the doctors, the nannies, the orphonage workers, the court officials and clerks, our family coordinator, the embassy officials and clerks!  I pray for every piece of documentation that is involved in bringing Naomi home to us - the homestudy, the Dossier, the medical forms, the referral forms, the legal papers, any orphonage papers, the approvals and recommendations from court, the embassy papers, her visa.  I know that I have NO control over all of these things - but I KNOW that God does.  I TRUST that God will safeguard each aspect of our adoption and bring our family together - whatever that may look like - I will TRUST IN THE LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment