Our Story

Our Story
We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.
~ Kristi Larson ~

Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, You didn't grow under my heart - but in it!
~ Fleur Conkling Heylinger ~
Adoption is not the call to have the perfect, rosy family. It is the CALL to Give LOVE, MERCY, and PATIENCE.



Thursday, October 20, 2011

2 Months DOWN!

Life has been crazy to say the least and I haven't even had time to think straight.  There doesn't seem to be an end to the busy schedule in the near future either, with conferences on the horizon!  A few things in the schedule have been by choice - but oh so needed for my soul!  We went back to the Africa church a week or so ago!  It was even more amazing than the first time we visited.  I took my mother-in-law and Aunt Becci with us and it was a moving and inspiring service.  We found out that evening that the African Children's Choir was coming to town next Sunday!  Oh SO excited to go see the beautiful children and hear their amazing music!  My brother and I reminisced back to our childhood when the African Children's Choir came to our church.  It was something that has stayed with me as an amazing experience and I'm excited to take my children!  Josh and I also get the opportunity this coming week to work a booth for our adoption agency, America World Adoption Association, at Steven Curtis Chapman's concert.  We have loved working with our agency and are excited to share our adoption journey with other families.  The exciting part is that we get VIP passes to the pre-show and we get tickets into the concert, when we aren't supposed to be manning the booth that is!  I don't think I've been to a concert since I was in high school - and it was Steven Curtis Chapman back then too - HAHA!  So incredibly excited to see what God has planned in the near future as he places us in each of these situations!

The title of today's post is 2 months DOWN!  We submitted our Dossier(paperwork) to Ethiopia 2 months ago yesterday!  It has flown by and seems like just yesterday I was driving to the UPS store to ship off the paperwork that had consumed my life all summer.  God has blessed me with a busy schedule to keep my mind off of the fact that I am still waiting!  He has blessed me with "meeting" some amazing families in our AWAA(America World Adoption Association) Family Chat Group.  He has allowed me to pray for and focus on the needs of these families that have been waiting longer, stuck in court closure, struggling through embassy investigations, receiving emails saying their kids are sick - AGAIN - and there is nothing the families can do but pray from afar that God would be with their children, that God would be with their paperwork, that God would be with their process, that God would unite thier Families SOON!  I want more than anything to receive a phone call tomorrow afternoon with a referral - is it going to happen - most likely not - but maybe!  I want more than anything for God to do BIG things in Ethiopia and MOVE some Mountains for some amazing families that need to hear a Word from the ALMIGHTY!  Can it be done?  ONLY with God - IT WILL BE DONE!

So - with the Steven Curtis Chapman concert in our near future - I will leave you with a word from him!


Our Love will bring them home - IN GOD'S PERFECT TIMING!

No comments:

Post a Comment