Our Story

Our Story
We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.
~ Kristi Larson ~

Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, You didn't grow under my heart - but in it!
~ Fleur Conkling Heylinger ~
Adoption is not the call to have the perfect, rosy family. It is the CALL to Give LOVE, MERCY, and PATIENCE.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Unexpected Faithfulness

The last few days have been an exhausting whirlwind of emotions.  I only got a couple of days to recover from last weeks yard sale before we were setting up once again for round 2 of our yard sale to bring sweet Naomi home.  I headed into town Thursday afternoon to set up tables, canopies and signs at Bobbi and Rod's house in Nampa.  I left for a couple hours to run out to play in a church softball game, grabbed some dinner on the way back in, and then it was back to unpacking boxes onto tables and pricing a bunch of new stuff that was donated just this week.  I crawled into bed a little after one AM and was awoken by the garage door a little after 5 - Josh and Rod had to set up a bunk bed before Rod had to leave for work.  Friday was a slow yard sale day with not many customers and lots of drive bys or no buys.  Saturday was fairly slow too and much of the same  - not many big buyers.  We did make a few big sales, however, and were pleasantly surprised with our total sales.  When we added both weekends together - we made $5,820!!  God is so faithful and provides in ways we never could have dreamed.  We started the yard sale needing $7,700 by mid-August for our next installment payment that will be sent to Ethiopia with our Dossier.  We had $2,000 in the bank and we made over $5800 - EXACTLY what we needed!  I still get goosebumps thinking about it.  God is faithful!

God also showed me another story of faithfulness this weekend.  Wednesday evening as we were busily getting everything ready for the upcoming yard sale - my dad called and said they were at the hospital with Grandma Everhart (my mom's mom) and they were trying to decide if they were going to admit her or not.  It seemed like the same 'ol same 'ol.  Grandma has been in and out of the hospital for most all of my life.  She spends a couple of days, gets some fluids and meds, and is on her way.  They ended up admitting her that evening and mom and dad spent time with her on Thursday.  Sometime on Friday she took a turn and her condition got very serious very quickly.  They moved her back down to ICU and began running a gammet of tests.  Over the course of just a few hours, grandma became unresponsive.  The family began gathering at the hospital to be with grandma, grandpa, and each other.  We are a large family, and kinda loud :), so they moved us into a seperate lobby area that wasn't being used since it was the weekend.  I took a break from the yard sale Saturday morning to go see grandma.  She's been in the hospital many times, but I knew this time was different as soon as I walked in the room.  My kids got to come see her that evening and tell her that they loved her.  Sunday afternoon the doctors met with the family to tell us that grandma needed surgery to survive, but the surgery was more than her body could handle.  It was their recommendation to make her as comfortable as possible and allow the family as much time with her as we could.  They moved her out of ICU to a private double room and even gave us the room across the hall for overflow since there were so many of us.  Sunday evening everyone local was able to come down and spend time together praying and reminiscing.  We had to have crammed close to 40 people in her hospital room and spent hours singing grandma's favorite hymns.  Grandma was a fighter and held on longer than the doctors had anticipated.  Standing at her bedside on Tuesday morning July 19, 2011 - I watched my grandma pass through heaven's gates to see her Savior and the rest of her family that were there waiting for her.  It was a bitter sweet moment of sadness and grief mixed with peace and hope.  God prepared grandma for this journey long ago and she has been a living example of a godly woman.  God was faithful in the midst of a hospital room in Nampa, ID to bring a family together and give us peace.  The joy and heartache that eminated from her room as we sang praises to Jesus is indescribable.  Grandma loved to sing and we spent the last 48 hours lifting our voices to heaven waiting for God to call her home.  God was faithful to give her peace, to give us peace, and to give us an example of what a godly woman looks like - I will strive to be the legacy that she was.  Love you grandma!  See you again on the streets of gold...

No comments:

Post a Comment