Our Story

Our Story
We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.
~ Kristi Larson ~

Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone, But still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute, You didn't grow under my heart - but in it!
~ Fleur Conkling Heylinger ~
Adoption is not the call to have the perfect, rosy family. It is the CALL to Give LOVE, MERCY, and PATIENCE.



Friday, June 10, 2011

Our Journey Begins

Little did I know on an average Sunday afternoon in March of 2011 that one comment from my husband could change my world forever.  Josh simply said "What would you think about adopting a little girl?" Once I realized that he was serious I was stunned and shocked.  It took me a week of struggling with God, filled with fear and anxiety before God spoke in a persisent whisper to "Trust Me".  Throughout that second week I went from fear and anxiety to passion and urgency.  God opened our eyes to the blessing that adoption could bring and pulled on my heart strings for a little girl from Ethiopia.  We do not know what she looks like or where she is at this moment but I guarantee you that God does and He had a plan for her to be a part of our family well before we did.  God knew her when she was knit in her mother's womb and just as intricately has begun to weave her into our hearts.  It is amazing how deeply you can love someone you have never met and who honestly you had never thought about prior to a few months ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment